Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Black Plague Redux; with beer.

I don't know what kind of freaking uber-virus is going around, but everyone is sick lately. I got a cold right before Christmas and I just managed to get rid of it last week. Drew and I passed it back and forth over a few weeks. Then I got strep throat and after infecting my entire office I went to the doctor for much needed antibiotics. Then I got a sinus infection and Drew got bronchitis.

Through all of this Eric stayed healthy and happy. Bastard.

Well, I suppose it was good for me because he played nurse maid to my psycho sicky side. I am not a good sick person. I expect you to wait on me hand and foot. I moan and groan and swear we should immediately write my eulogy. I take copious amounts of cold medicine and have been known to get drunk as a skunk just so I'll pass out and get some sleep.

Oh, let me tell you...Eric LOVES me when I am congested AND passed out drunk. Says he would sleep like a baby if only he was in a soundproof room. In China. With ear plugs. And an icepick to gouge out his eardrums.

The real bonus to being married to someone who is a total invalid when sick? The fact that when YOU are sick? I'll tell you to take your sick ass to the guest room because I just managed to get well and I am certainly not going to let you infect me all over again you selfish ass. OK...so maybe it's not quite that harsh, but I am certainly not the nurturing type. The fact that I am generally the carrier monkey? Entirely beside the point.

Anyway, I am finally well and Eric is now sick. I made him peppermint tea and brought him Advil. See? I care. I just prefer to do it from a long, long way away from your germs. Don't judge.

Oh...this past Saturday we went out on the town with Jeff and Julie. We never fail to have a complete blast hanging out with those two. We should do it more often. Hint. Hint Hint. HINT. :-) Here are some pictures:

This is me and Julie. We look so demure, don't we? You really can't tell we are getting ready to go and drink way too much beer at a dive bar while playing shuffleboard and being accosted by some crazed drunken barfly who wouldn't leave the restroom so we could pee.

Here is a picture of me. I am doing that whole, "I am really shy so I am hiding behind my hair, but really I know you like me so I am going to smile and show my dimples" thing. What? Was I suddenly 21 all over again? Maybe...I mean...I WAS in a dive bar. It tends to bring back memories.

Here is Julie with my gorgeous husband. I have no clue what was so funny. This was right around the time the Ultimate Shuffleboard Deathcage Match started. I don't know who actually won, but Julie seemed to be kicking everybody's butt.

Last but not least, here is me with Julie's fantabulous husband, Jeff. We have the same birthday. I think that makes us twins. All I know is we have the same sense of humor and he once told me I am a genius. Yeah...you'd like him, too. He rocks.

No comments: