Sunday, March 29, 2009

If I find candy mountain will I still be old?

I keep logging in to write a new blog and I haven't managed to write anything that is even remotely interesting. It is pure drivel. Drivel that I wouldn't even read and I'll read just about anything. I seriously feel like Charlie the unicorn in candy mountain only instead of my kidney they took my brain. The last few days I have seriously been wandering across the countryside looking for the magical leopleuradon who will show me the way.

I am sure that right about now the only person who has a clue what the hell I am talking about is Issa and I would bet money she is laughing her ass off. If I mention a Unicornasaurus Rex it might just push her over the edge and into hysterics!

I think there is just way too much rolling around in my head and it is sort of stressing me out. Yes. I realize I just opened the door for all kinds of airhead comments, but I really do believe I have gone temporarily vapid. I suddenly have a strong desire to bleach my hair and say, "like, oh my gawd" at the beginning of every sentence.

A couple of weeks ago my aunt died of pancreatic cancer. I flew home last Friday and spent the weekend at my Dad's house and driving all over Hell's half-acre visiting people and going to funeral related activities. It was an absolutely exhausting weekend preceded by a long and round-about series of flights and followed by a slightly less long and round-about series of flights. I then returned to work after being gone for two days and by the end of this last week I was further behind than when I started.

This weekend was pretty darn good though. On Friday I went out for dinner and drinks with a good friend of mine. It was nice to just sit and talk for a while. After dinner we roamed around Barnes & Noble and by 10 p.m. I was headed for home. You know...there was a time when a night out with the girls meant getting a cab, going dancing, drinking too much, getting a cab home and pouring myself into bed sometime around 3 a.m. I am not sure when I got old, but it is becoming very clear in more ways than just aching knees and grey hair.

On Saturday night Eric and I went out to celebrate our 7-year anniversary. We went to this wonderful little restaurant called Cafe Viciano. Great food, great wine and great service. The restaurant is very small and cozy and we had a really good time. We had planned to go out and go dancing or have some after dinner drinks, but the old struck again and we just went home. Today was breakfast out and Eric had a hockey game. A fitting way to spend the day of our anniversary -- food and hockey!

Now, however, the old has reared its wrinkled head and I must stop blabbing and go to bed. Maybe with some extra sleep I can fend off the vapid and have something more interesting to talk about in a day or two.

Maybe I'll find candy mountain...it's a place of sweets and joy and joyness. That'll be interesting.

No comments: