Monday, February 5, 2007

Trust me...sanity is highly over-rated.

There are days where it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Today was one of those days. The minute my little piggies hit the floor I should have known there was a bad moon risin'.

I just had a frustrating morning and about the time I thought I couldn't take any more from anyone a miracle happened. Our entire block lost phone and internet. No email. No phone calls. Nothing. No one could reach me and I didn't even have to feel guilty that I wasn't calling them. It was fabulous! I spent the entire afternoon working on stuff that I meant to do weeks ago. I didn't have to wade through a mass of incoming email or talk to stupid people. It lasted for a blissfull 3 hours.

Then the phone rang.

Dammit.

Anyway, now I am home, sitting in my chair trying to fight an impossibly horrible headache and plotting my escape to Tahiti or someplace suitably tropical. I would love to have a drink with an umbrella in it - delivered by a scantily clad individual whose only job is to keep me happy.

Instead of receiving a swedish massage on a warm beach I am being beaten with a light saber by a 4-year old that is hellbent on taking the last of my sanity. I was normal once. I might even have been cool for a few seconds. Not so much anymore.

Now I am that lady that Bill Cosby talks about on "Himself." You know the one...Jeffrey's mom. "Jeffrey stop it, Jeffrey sit down, Jeffrey come here, stop it, Jeffrey, Jeffrey, I told you to...Jeffrey, I mean it, Jeffrey, Jeffrey, Jeffrey."

I am one more lightsaber wack away from hiding vodka bottles in my panty drawer.

No comments: