Monday, May 18, 2009

I suck.

I am starting to wonder if I need to just give up on the blog. I just can't think of anything to talk about. I log in. I stare. I type a few words. I delete a few words. I stare. I log out. It is truly irritating. I feel like there is all this stuff rolling around in my head, but I can't seem to get any of it to turn into actual writing.

But...because I am a glutton for punishment I will see if I can come up with something just to try and get back in the swing of things...

1. Drew is almost out of school for the year and it is freaking me out that he is going to be in 1st grade next year. How does that happen? I mean, just yesterday he was a newborn and 5 minutes ago he started walking. Now, all of a sudden, he is this little man that can act out every scene from Star Wars and play every major role with gusto. And he's GOOD at it!! I just hope he doesn't suddenly ask for that fake Princess Leia bun-hair or a Wookie suit.

2. Today is Eric's 40th birthday and he is feeling old. I keep telling him he is nuts because he certainly isn't old and he looks younger than me when, in fact, he is older than me. Everytime we go out I am convinced everyone thinks I am a freaking cougar. It's a wee bit disturbing and I constantly feel compelled to pull out my ID and wave it in people's faces and scream "Ah-Ha! See! See! I'm younger! YUNG-GER! Sucka!"

3. I was informed, in the most trailer trash way imaginable, that I am the worst friend ever. I mean, EVER. As in, "would rather go to the zoo with the anti-Christ than ever speak to you again" worst friend ever. Oddly, I am not entirely sure how I earned the distinction. I could see being told that I am not the best at phone calls/emails/etc and that maybe my inattentiveness has led to the other party determining that I am not worth time/energy/effort/etc. BUT, I certainly didn't think I had slipped into "worse than the anti-Christ" territory. Maybe I need a chart or graph or something in order to keep track.

4. I am convinced I have gone completely insane, lost all ability to say anything of interest and must shut up immediately. If anyone has suggestions on how to break through the writer's block I have had for the last few months that would be great.

Until then...I'll keep trying. Maybe the more I write the more I'll write. Ugh.

This sucks.

No comments: