Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I keep telling myself it could be worse

Do you ever wonder if maybe you ticked off someone powerful in a former life and are now paying the price for it? Only, the price isn't that bad things happen to you. The price is that nothing happens to you?

My life has always been one that is just interesting enough to avoid being boring, but not quite interesting enough to be interesting to anyone that isn't me. I, of course, find my life interesting. Well, interesting enough that I'd like to keep it for just a wee bit longer, thanks.

I just wonder sometimes when something is going to HAPPEN to me. Then I immediately give myself a mental head slap because I should probably specify what something is.

**sigh**

I guess, at the root of it all, I feel like I am being overtaken by the crazy. I have been weaning myself off my "quit being so crazy, Crazy" medication over the last month or so and I had about two weeks of happiness and then...well...THIS happened. My moody, bitchy, you all suck and I hate you side has reared its ugly head. At this point I am either having the world's worst case of PMS or I should consider upping the dosage. I'll keep you posted on that.

Oh yeah, the one interesting thing that has happened in the last few weeks? My poor Eric has shingles. SHINGLES, PEOPLE! I didn't know much about them until today, but what I have learned over the course of much googling is that shingles? They hurt. A. Lot. I suppose I could have just asked Eric what shingles are like, but...well, you know...digital age and all that. Gotta do the google.

The shingly one is currently stretched out on the couch trying to avoid having anything touch his abdomen because apparently? Everything hurts. AIR hurts. Breathing hurts. Being awake and devoid of pharmaceutical intervention hurts.

So, now I must go provide comfort and lots of sympathy to Darth Shingle. So, to keep you entertained, here are a couple of pictures.

This is my really awesome cat, Scooby-Doo.

This is my friend, Issa, her precious little girl, Addyson, and in the background is Issa's husband, Adam.

Here is my gorgeous husband at his birthday party. His 40th birthday party. A birthday that, clearly, leads directly to shingles.

My gorgeous husband playing hockey.

And last, but certainly not least entertaining...here is my husband in the penalty box.

No comments: