Monday, March 24, 2008

Rabbits + Eggs + Chocolate = Jesus' Resurrection. Yeah. That makes perfect sense.

Another holiday that didn't feel so much like a holiday, but instead felt like a regular day only with lots of chocolate. I don't know what it is, but I am terrible about holidays. I never seem to get in the spirit soon enough or go far enough down the road of decorations and fun things to do. I tend to wake up on the day and go, "Oh crap. It's [insert holiday here]. Are the stores open because I need [insert related holiday item here]."

It isn't that I don't like holidays or anything like that (with the exception of Christmas and you all know how I feel about that holiday). I just seem to have at least a million other things to think about and it always feels like whatever holiday it is just sort of creeps up on me Ninja-style and catches me completely unaware with a Num-chuck upside the head.

So yesterday I got up early and had breakfast with one of my very best friends. We pigged out on more food than would really seem possible and just when you thought we were done? We ate a cinnamon scone. With butter. And more coffee. There was this moment when my stomach crawled out of my mouth, grabbed me by the throat and screamed, "What the hell? Stop with the eating already! The crew down there is tired. They're pulling doubles to keep up and we're still buried in hashbrowns! It's complete and utter madness! And to top it off Mrs. Ass is down there gobbling up territory like she's freakin' Queen Elizabeth and the Intestine's have gone all 'The Godfather' and asked Small Bowel for protection. You! Have! Got! To! Do! Something!"

After that heartfelt plea I stopped at Starbucks for a latte 'cause I am not sure I am fully onboard with the needs of my Small Bowel. I'd rather have a latte and save any political statements or picketing for causes related to my liver. Gotta keep the liver happy. It processes the alcohol.

Anyway, here are the pictures from yesterday's "Easter Egg Hunt o'Gluttony 2008." Drew had a blast even though it was just a couple dozen plastic eggs hidden in our yard. Drew, much like his Mom, is easily amused. Any activity becomes The Most Awesome Thing Ever so long as it ends with chocolate.



1 comment:

Eternal Sunshine said...

Isn't it wonderful how easily amused kids are? Those are some cute pictures.