Monday, September 25, 2006

Idiots of the world UNITE!!

I want to say for what has to be the ten billionth time that I have some really great friends. I am very, very lucky and if I had enough time and space I would list each and everyone of you by name. I am not going to do that because I have neither time nor space and to add insult to injury I have too short of an attention span.

My point for blogging about friends again is to ask a question...

WHY IS IT THAT AS A "BEST FRIEND" YOU HAVE THE DISTINCT HONOR OF BEING EXPECTED TO TELL YOUR "BEST FRIEND" ALL OF THE CRAPPY STUFF NO ONE ELSE HAS THE GUTS TO TELL HER AND WHEN YOU DO TELL HER SHE ENDS UP HATING YOU AND HANGING OUT WITH ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LYING AND TALKING ABOUT HER BEHIND HER BACK?

By way of explanation: I have a "best friend" (or as it is beginning to look - I HAD a "best friend") that began dating a new guy a few months back. Long, stupid story short he is an idiot. Everyone thinks he is an idiot. Everyone talks about what an idiot he is when the two of them aren't around. Everyone quietly talks about what an idiot he is when they are around. No one wants him around. I guess I must be a bigger idiot than he is because I told my "best friend" the truth about what everyone is saying behind her back.

I guess the upside is that I don't have to hang out with the idiot or in anyway subject myself to his idiot ways. It's kind of a relief actually. The thing that really chaps my ass is that I really do miss my friend. My friend from BEFORE the idiot. One of the bigger downsides of this particular idiot is that my friend also became kind of an idiot. She is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON since she met him. I am all about change and personal growth, but let's try and keep it positive, shall we?

Anyway, I wish I could have my friend back. I also wish pigmy elves would do my dishes every night after I go to bed, but that ain't happenin' either.

No comments: