Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cold medicine and the meaning of life

What to say...hmmm...I don't really have much to talk about. Life has been quiet lately. Work is great. Home is great. Eric is great. Drew is great. Everything's great.

This weekend I am fighting off a sinus infection, which is not so great. I have spent quite a bit of time sitting around waiting for cold medicine to kick in. My eyes hurt, my nose hurts, my cheekbones hurt, my teeth hurt and I am virtually deaf. People talk to me and I see their lips moving and I know, without a doubt, they are speaking some form of English. I see the intent to communicate shining in their eyes, but all I hear is "wah wah wah wah wah wah." It's like being trapped in the Charlie Brown Christmas Special.

While waiting for the cold medicine to work its magic I have downloaded a bunch of music to my iTunes and watched SpongeBob Squarepants. I have to say...the Bobman takes on a whole new meaning when you are all hopped up on cold medicine. Seriously. Patrick? Deep, man. DEEP.

However, it really freaks me out when Mr. Crab pulls his eyes into his shell. And to top it off, in the current episode he is wearing a dress. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation, but I am deaf and can't understand a word they are saying.

I should really get out of this chair and start doing something productive. But that would require effort. So, instead I sit here waiting for Patrick to share the meaning of life. He knows it. I am certain of it and he's going to share it ANY SECOND.

Meanwhile Mr. Crab continues to cavort in a dress and Drew is running around the house yelling, "He's gonna ho, ho, ho it before you know, know, know it." I have NO IDEA where he got that from, but it is quite entertaining. Only 6 years old and already with the double entendres. Proof the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. As an aside, I can think of a couple of people where that statement is entirely too relevant and I might have to borrow it. I'm just sayin'.

On a non-Bob related topic...Drew recently had his first real school program and it was really awesome! They do a traditional Thanksgiving feast and the kindergarteners are Indians and the 1st graders are Pilgrims. It was the most adorable thing ever. Without further ado, photographic evidence of the cutest little Indian to wear a paper headband:



2 comments:

ummmhello said...

He's too cute. I love kid's school programs :)
Patrick knows the meaning of life, and he'll share it... just as soon as he remembers.

jeff said...

Drew the Tae Kwan Do Indian. Very cool :) Speaking of sickness and Spongebob, the best episode ever is The Suds where Spongebob gets sick. Hilarious!