Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hernia? Gallbladder? Yeah - I can see how those get mixed up...

I am convinced that doctors are nothing but highly paid witch doctors that know a few big words. I also think I need to find a new one. My doctor confused a sick gallbladder with a hernia.
Hernia - Gallbladder

Hernia - Gallbladder

Those are close...right? One is a hole in the abdominal wall and the other is an actual organ commonly found in the human body. Yeah. Very close.

Regardless - the "hernia" is really my gallbladder and I have to have it removed next Thursday. That will be fun. Four incisions in my abdomen - I wonder if I could talk them into removing some fat along with the gallbladder. I mean...if one doctor can confuse it for a hernia then the surgeon is sure to be able to tell the insurance company that all the fat looked confusingly like my gallbladder and by the time they realized their mistake all my belly fat had already been removed.

That's realistic - right?! Anyway, I will let you know how it goes. I hope they don't accidentally confuse my gallbladder with something important and remove the wrong organ...

No comments: