Monday, October 1, 2007

I never said we were normal...

I am not sure we classify as the traditional American family. Actually, I don't think there really is a traditional American anything these days so I suppose I shouldn't spend too much time and energy lamenting our non-traditionalism. Our evenings tend to revolve around some form of electronic entertainment (i.e. computer, television, etc.) instead of board games at the kitchen table. No, we aren't exactly Leave It To Beaver or Father Knows Best around here. I would say we are somewhere between the Simpsons and the Bundys - just without the animation or Christina Applegate in spandex.

Tonight I actually made it home before 10 p.m. due to an eye exam at 5. I had to re-schedule the stupid thing four times before I actually went. I'm not great with that whole "taking care of myself" thing. I usually wait until symptoms reach epic proportions before taking time away from work to have it checked out. That may be why I am down two (apparently extraneous) organs...but, that is a blog for another day.

Anyhoo...we ate dinner and then went for a walk around the neighborhood so Drew could ride his bike. I am tempted to feel all puffed up and proud of our family togetherness, but the ulterior motive was to wear the kid out so that Eric and I might actually get to go to bed ALONE(nudge nudge wink wink). I used to think that when people made comments about having kids and then never having sex they were joking. Well, the joke was on me because there is a reason we only have one kid. No better birth control. On. The. Planet.

So, after our little family foray into the world of *gasp* exercise, we retreated to the living room and proceeded to do what we normally do:

I put on ear phones, opened up the laptop and worked on all the stuff I didn't get finished while in the office today.

Drew and Eric played video games on the big ass t.v. until Drew got bored and then...

Drew proceeded to beat the crap out of Eric. I suppose that'll teach Eric the dangers of showing Drew how to do the "Corporate Elbow." That little experiment in boy bonding has seriously backfired! The upside is that with one well-placed shot we can save the $200 deductible on Eric's vasectomy. Needless to say, I always root for the Drew-man when these little battles ensue.

Board games? How we scoff at thee...

No comments: