Thursday, November 22, 2007

Is there a Thanksgiving equivalent to Bah-Humbug?

It is no secret that I am not a fan of the holidays. I would bet money that my friends are totally sick of hearing me talk about how much I don't like the holidays and how I always get all anxious and rude and nasty about this time of year. I know...I know...I am rude and nasty during other times of the year, but the holidays generate a special brand of rude and nasty.

So I am at the bank yesterday depositing a check that is soon to be sucked up by the retail machine that is "the holidays" and the guy helping me says,

"Happy Thanksgiving! Do you have some really great plans for tomorrow?"

"No. I hate Thanksgiving."

"Really? You hate Thanksgiving?" At this point he has ceased to make eye contact.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, there is only one thing I hate more than I hate Thanksgiving."

"What is that?"

"Christmas."

It was then that the poor guy behind the counter must have decided I was the anti-Christ because he gingerly placed my receipt on the counter and pulled his hand away and mumbled something like "burn in hell" or "have a nice day" or something like that. Clearly, any direct contact with me would be akin to touching the Devil.

I love scaring the holiday cheer out of unsuspecting strangers. It is the one thing I DO like about the holidays.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Finally someone who has the same holiday thougts as I do!

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you. Don't even get me started on TG or Christmas, Id rather avoid it all together.